Terms and Conditions
Welcome to SoapSquawk.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.soapsquawk.co.uk is a site operated by Squawknet Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08009447 and have our registered office at The Barn – Duck End Offord Road, Graveley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE19 6PP. Our main trading address is 35 New Broad Street House, New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH.
We are a private company limited by shares.
USING SOAP SQUAWK
You can browse our site without registering for a user account, however, in order to post comments or any other User Generated Content (as defined below), you must register for a user account with SoapSquawk (which includes any registration via a third-party service such as Facebook). From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy set out below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
Any content you send to, upload to, post on, transmit through, submit to, display on or otherwise make available on our site, including all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) therein, is referred to as “User Generated Content”.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR USER GENERATED CONTENT AND INTERACTION WITH OTHER USERS
Whenever you send, upload, post, submit, transmit, display or otherwise disclose (“publish”) any User Generated Content on SoapSquawk, you must comply with the content standards (the “Content Standards”) set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below and you hereby represent and warrant that:
• you have read the Content Standards;
• all User Generated Content published by you complies with the Content Standards; and
• you own all rights in such User Generated Content and that any User Generated Content you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation, any Intellectual Property Rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Generated Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that we shall not be liable for any damages you incur as a result of such User Generated Content.
We have no responsibility or liability for or in respect of any User Generated Content published or otherwise made available on Soap Squawk.
You agree that any loss or damage of any kind arising as a result of User Generated Content that you publish is solely your responsibility, and you acknowledge and agree that we are acting solely as a passive medium for the online distribution and publication of your User Generated Content.
From time to time, we may invite you or other users, at our sole discretion, to submit further User Generated Content either on an individual basis or pursuant to a wider promotion or programmes initiated by us. Prior to or as part of any such invitation, we may require you to submit an application which we may, in our sole discretion, accept or reject.
Your use of Soap Squawk and any User Generated Content you publish is strictly on a volunteer basis for your own personal enjoyment and that of the public at large, and does not form an employer-employee relationship or partnership between you and us.
You will not receive any compensation of any type for your use of the site, and you acknowledge that your use of Soap Squawk, including the publication of any User Generated Content is solely for your own personal enjoyment.
Any suggestions we may make about your User Generated Content are only suggestions and you are not required to implement any suggestion made by us. You agree that you are the sole author of your User Generated Content, and that we do not participate in the creation of any of your User Generated Content.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Other than User Generated Content, we are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors or source of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
All material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
• any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time,
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy below.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
“SoapSquawk” and “Squawknet” are trade marks of Squawknet Limited.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.soapsquawk.co.uk (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use set out above.
www.soapsquawk.co.uk is a site operated by Squawknet Limited (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08009447 and have our registered office at The Barn – Duck End Offord Road, Graveley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE19 6PP. Our main trading address is 35 New Broad Street House, New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use set out above;
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
• chat rooms;
• bulletin boards; or
• the opportunity to submit and publish your own content
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• be accurate (where they state facts);
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
• comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
• contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote sexually explicit material;
• promote violence;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• promote any illegal activity;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
• advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
• issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you; and/or
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.